Friday, March 6, 2009

'living' amid the 'dailies'

When God gives us opportunity to speak, shine, work, etc for Him, we pray, read the Word, spend time thinking about it, preparing ourselves and making sure we are depending on Him. This we should do!! But what about the 'dailies?' How do we live in the drudgeries or details of life? How do we do business, drive, grocery shop, tend to children, clean the house, visit with friends, etc. on a daily basis with a joyful attitude that honors Christ? How do we take the next step?
The only way is the steady persevering living in the unseen life with Christ - dependent. John 13 talks of Jesus washing the feet of the disciples. What a task - dusty, dirty feet. Verse 3 says, "Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he had come from God and was going back to God, rose from supper" - to wash the feet. So -how did He do that menial task as unto the Lord?
1. Knowing who He was!!
2. Knowing where He was going.
3. Getting up!!- 'doing the next thing.'

This is how we must live that daily life when there is no inspiration, no real 'vision,' no one watching to encourage, etc. Simply - Know who and whose we are!!! Get up and move out - do the task at hand - knowing that He has me where I am supposed to be, I 'have -right now - ALL things pertaining to life and godliness' - that 'I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.' I must 'do all things without mumbling and grumbling.' This how I grow and glorify God - Knowing that He is in charge and He leads my life!!!

1 comment:

KatieG said...

I like it mom! This is my devotional for the day :)